Thursday 21 October 2010

Year 6 Cake Crumbly


So it was the last cake crumbly before half term today and I think we are all in need of a week off! A time to relax, catch up with family and friends, I'm really looking forward to it.

Anyway back to cake crumbly, Megan's last year at the school and Year 6 are trying to raise lots of money so I thought I would rise to the challenge and bake plenty of cakes to take in. 

Think I was in a bit of a chocolate mood when I started and I ended up making Chocolate and Marshmallow Crispy cakes, Chocolate Brownies, Blondies (white chocolate brownies to most people) and Chocolate Butterfly cakes with Lemon Icing. Then to redress the chocolate balance I thought I would make Iced Butterfly Biscuits only to discover once I had made the biscuits I didn't have enough icing sugar to make the icing with. So my lovely husband, Ian, was in the supermarket at 7 o'clock this morning buying some so I could decorate the biscuits before school. What a star!
Iced Butterfly Biscuits
Blondies & Chocolate and Marshmallow Crispy Cakes

Chocolate Butterfly Cakes with Lemon Icing
and Brownies
The cake crumbly was huge with most of the year bringing in cakes to sell, so much so that they need to have another one tomorrow to sell the rest. Fantastic! I hope they do well and raise lots of money.

What with baking for the cake crumbly and finding the time to bake three Christmas cakes I think I've had a very productive week in the kitchen. I think I might even make my own Christmas pudding being as we are at home for Christmas this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment