Saturday 17 July 2010

The Time Has Come!

About 4 months ago I rashly decided that I would like to write my own recipe book!

Many of my friends and colleagues are always praising me on my baking and asking me for copies of recipes only to come back saying it doesn't taste like mine. So I thought that I would do something for myself and write my own recipe book to see if I can help others make cakes and desserts like mine.

I have spent the time since then working out a selection of cake recipes that I would like to include in my book. Whether they are ones that I have used for many years or ones that I have since come up with. I have been trialling these recipes and asking family and friends for feedback and now feel it is time to put my plan into action! My husband is enjoying the tasting but not enjoying his expanding waistline!

Now I need to decide what I need to present to publishers, so am going to be spending the up and coming weeks mocking up my book before I start the hard slog of trying to find myself a publisher. If there is anyone out there who is a publisher and fancies giving my book a chance I would love to hear from you! Obviously there are many, many cook books out there but I feel I have something a little bit different to offer.

Time to start my first draft so wish me luck and I'll update you soon.

Lisa x

No comments:

Post a Comment