Sunday 19 September 2010

Pizza!! Hardly Cakes !!

Hmm! Hardly cakes is it, but fun never the less.

Today we had friends coming over for lunch so after cycling to the gym and back this morning it was time for some baking. A quick batch of my fail safe brownies to start with followed by Megan and Freya assisting me in making some Rock Cakes. I'd not had them for years! and they were just as I remembered. They smelled delicious while they were baking too - nutmeg and cinnamon! Megan was especially pleased when she tried them only to discover that they didn't feel or taste like rocks at all!!
Then we met up with our friends down the skate park for Freya to show off her moves on her skate board before coming back to make our own pizzas for tea. As you can see our little visitor was a complete natural and has a vocation at Dominos should he require it!!
We followed up the pizzas with a sticky toffee pudding that I had been wanting to try from Nigella for some time, and although it tasted very nice I have to say it wasn't exactly what I was expecting! Definitely some more searching required to find one I really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment