Thursday 2 September 2010

The Summer Holidays are over!

Well after a fantastic summer holiday, where Megan & Freya fitted in Summer School, we all went to Devon to see the grandparents, Megan went away on a Chinese Course with some of her year at school and we all finished off with a holiday in France, it was time to return to school today for Freya, Megan and me! And... we all enjoyed it, the girl's were especially pleased to catch up with all their friends and settled in well to their new classes.

In France I managed to type up three more recipes for my book, chocolate caramel shortbread, apricot and white chocolate flapjack and pecan pie, along with the introduction and some other waffle, Ian even had time to begin mocking me up a front cover so its beginning to take shape nicely.















Now I am back in my own kitchen and ready to get on with some more recipes. To get myself in the swing of things I whipped up a batch of brownies for Megan and Freya to have as a snack after school this morning before we set off. Then my good friend, Tina, is having a birthday barbeque on Sunday (yes we have some more sun predicted!) and I have offered to bring a selection of desserts with me so that should keep me busy for a couple of days!! And will hopefully result in some positive feedback for my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment