Thursday 23 September 2010

European Day!


Olá


So tomorrow is European Day at school and Year 4 is studying Portugal. Red, green and yellow attire for myself and Freya in the morning, well definitely for Freya and whatever I can find!

I found out this morning we are going to be baking "Pasta del Nata". This is an egg custard tart and something I've never made before so I copied the recipe and gave it a try this evening... and I have to say they didn't turn out too bad. They tasted OK too!

Then as is my want I decided to have a quick look at the internet and see what other Portuguese baking recipes were around. I found quite a few and settled on making some "Lavadores" which are a type of lemon cookie and a Portuguese Sweet Bread. The cookies turned out beautifully and I am still waiting to see if the bread is going to rise before I put it in the oven. 



Freya came downstairs just as I was making the cookies and wanted to help and she did a very good job too!


Hopefully the children will enjoy tasting them tomorrow along with the ones they will be making themselves. Fingers crossed the sweet bread turns out ok too!


Boa noite!





















No comments:

Post a Comment