Sunday 3 October 2010

Rhubarb! Rhubarb!


After a bit of a break from doing any baking I decided that the awful British weather this morning warranted a delicious rhubarb crumble to follow our favourite Sunday Roast! Home grown rhubarb and a lovely, buttery, oaty crumble what more could you ask for? Served hot with vanilla ice cream -yummy!


Then after cooking some extra rhubarb I thought I would trial a recipe for rhubarb and almond cupcakes and I have to say it  turned out very well, even if it did only make 9 cupcakes instead of 12! Smaller cupcakes or an increase in quantities - which one will I choose?


The reason for the lull in baking has been that when I've had some time off work I've been catching up on the writing part of my book, so much so that I've now actually printed off some of the first set of pages to edit!
But the lull in baking will now have to cease as I have Freya's Year 4 cake crumbly this week, a card party with lots of cakes to taste for my friends next week and Megan's Year 6 cake crumbly the week after. Hmm what shall I bake this week? As if that wasn't enough I need to get the Christmas cake made too to give it plenty of time to prove with the brandy!! After all it's only 12 weeks until Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment