Sunday 10 October 2010

Sunday Lunch

Today we had family over for Sunday lunch and unsure of the weather we had decided on Roast Pork with all the trimmings, stuffing, roast potatoes, parsnips and sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli, Brussel sprouts and gravy! 


To follow that I thought I would do something quite light and refreshing and had settled on a Key Lime Pie which  I made yesterday and just needed to finish this morning. A baked biscuit shell filled with a smooth, creamy, lime middle and topped with lightly whipped double cream. However, Megan had an urge for my triple chocolate cheesecake so I decided to make that too. Although on checking my cupboards for the ingredients I discovered we were out of white chocolate so opted for a Double Chocolate Cheesecake instead! Just as yummy! 


They were much appreciated the only problem being there were only 8 of us to eat dessert and I have enough left to last for breakfast, lunch and tea until next Sunday lunch! Think I may have to share some of it with my friends at work tomorrow, not that they'll complain.


Our guests also had a chance to look through the first pages of my book and they said it was looking good, and said they would be more than happy to buy it once it was published!

No comments:

Post a Comment