Wednesday 6 October 2010

Year 4 Cake Crumbly

So it's my first Cake Crumbly of the school year tomorrow. At lunch today in the staff room I was kindly advised that it had been announced in the staff meeting this morning that I would be baking for this weeks cake crumbly - no pressure then!!

Hmm! What to bake? I wanted to kill two birds with one stone so to speak and bake for the cake crumbly while still assisting myself in the book writing process. At Freya's request brownies were once again at the forefront and whipped up this morning while getting ready for school. Nothing like the smell of fresh brownies first thing in the morning. Mmm!

Then after tea we multitasked, testing Megan and Freya ready for their weekly spelling tests. Freya reading the recipes for me and for her reading diary and both girls doing a bit of baking along with me ready for cake crumbly, and as I was reminded by them for their lunch boxes.

I decided that I would go for Apricot and White Chocolate Chewy Bars and Lemon Drizzle Cake initially as they are both easy and quick to do. Followed by Gingerbread People which all (well nearly all!) children love! As you may have guessed this is the one the girls wanted to assist with, so I cut out the people for the cake crumbly and they were let loose with the left over dough. We have ended up with lots of tiny flowers, leaves and butterflies which Megan thinks are the perfect size for her lunch box tomorrow.

With bedtime approaching it was time for milk and for Megan to have a taster of the Gingerbread leaves. Then once peace had descended on the kitchen it was time for me to decorate my people, very relaxing. Now I hope that the children will enjoy eating them tomorrow as much as I enjoyed making them.

No comments:

Post a Comment